6.10.2013

live first. blog later.

i've been a very bad blogger lately. to the point where i stopped checking on my stats cause they are that bad. & somehow this past week turned into an accidental no-technology-week. i did think about publishing a post once or twice last week. you know, just so i'd have something for readers to read. also so they wouldn't forget about me. but instead i wanted to do something else, like spend time with family or go to the movies with friends. there was even a day where M & i watched close to four episodes of Dexter {that was a good day}.
last night i had to remind myself that blogging is a hobby. it's a hobby i love, but simply a hobby. i know for many bloggers it's more than i hobby, it's their way of making a living. but, right now this little blog of mine is just a fun way for me to share my life & connect with others. & i truly love! but i've noticed it takes a lot of my time. time that i could have been doing other things, like watching a silly movie with my father-in-law or taking my pups outside for a walk. i know these all seem small & maybe trivial things, but it's those things that i want to remember about my life -- the small things. & i believe that i need to remember to live my life first & blog later. this blog has become a huge part of my life, actually one of my favorite things to do now, it's just sometimes it's all i tend to focus on. so forgive me if i'm absent a lot.

xoxo
-L

thank you to those who emailed me in regards to my absence. i'm not gone, but tried removing technology for  a whole week :) y'all are the best.
i can't be the only one who struggles with managing my time; if there's advance you're willing to share i'd love to hear it!


7 comments:

  1. this is oh so true dear. i think it's so incredibly easy for our hobbies (no matter what they are) to take up too much of our time. it's something i think we all need to be conscious about at least. i missed you and glad that you're back but i think everyone can understand the need for a break or to step back and re evaluate! (and if you're gone for too long, i'll just pester you on gchat ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally feel you on this post. I have to remind myself all the time. That's why I love it when we go camping or to the beach- we are removed from technology for a while with little choice in the matter. And it's nice and peaceful.

    It's hard for me to remember this is a hobby, too, and not how I make my living, nor would I want that to be the case because then I don't think I could enjoy it as much.

    Good for you for taking the week off!

    Missed your posts, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your honesty. live first--blog later. i so agree! i found myself not wanting to blog almost all of May. I would force out a post here or there, but just wasn't into it. I had too much life going on. Blogging is a hobby and it should be a wonderful and happy place--not an obligation.

    enjoy living :) i'm right there with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess i'm not the only one who felt inclined to blog lately. i mean, the weather is so beautiful, plus i'm home with family all i want is to soak up the moments instead. totally get how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes yes yes yes. I continually have to remember this. technology breaks put everything into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love blogging, but I also love just spending time with my friends and not worrying about when I'm going to get to my computer next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally me and how I have been feeling lately!! Yes, we all need that time away! Glad you have a great time away from it all!

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...