5.08.2013

a moment to show your appreciation

i'll be honest, growing up i didn't see the value in teacher appreciation week {gasp!}. up until half way through my high school career, i didn't enjoy school. but one year i had a life changing teacher. seriously. she didn't just teach me grammar or how to properly set up my resume. she taught me the importance of reading & pointed out how often we use the word "like" incorrectly. but most importantly, she taught me respect.
it could also be the fact that M is a teacher himself, & i'm finishing up my teaching degree, that really puts it all into perspective, but teachers are people too. & they loved being appreciated almost more than anything else. makes me wish i appreciated all my teachers/professors more often. what they are doing isn't easy or glamourous. so be sure to show your educators a little appreciation this week with a small gift or even a quick "thank you".

now it's time to give my favorite teacher a kiss
to show him how much i appreciate him ;)

-L

8 comments:

  1. i never realized how hard of a job it is until i unexpectedly became a teach myself (i always vowed to my sister who is also a teacher that i would NEVER be a teacher. god has a sense of humor ; ) teaching is such a difficult job and i wish i showed my past teachers how much it meant to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly does have a sense of humor :)) so far all the major things in life i planned haven't worked out like i thought they would. but at least i can say everything has worked out for the best. teachers do need to be appreciated more often. i hope you're appreciated yourself mrs. diamond!

      Delete
  2. I definitely did not appreciate my teachers enough while I was in high school. Oops. Here's to hoping I can teach my own children one day to not make my mistake. :) Teachers deserve waaaaay more recognition than they get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely do. I wish I could go back & let my former teachers know they were appreciated.

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to become a teacher, now I am almost one and I never expected it to be so hard. There is so much more behind it than most people think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I know right!!! Especially for SPED teachers -- there's so much paper work & legal things. But being a teacher is something of value & a very noble job. You're going to love it :)

      Delete
  4. I had no idea you were studying to become a teacher and that your husband is a teacher, too! :) Teaching is definitely harder than it seems and all too often under-appreciated, too. So thank you for this little teacher appreciation reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm actually almost done with my degree! Teachers definitely are under valued & I'm not saying that because I'm working to become one myself. Good thing we have this week to tell them how much they are appreciated :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...